Planning Your Arrival
If you're visiting St. Michaels for the first time or the hundreth time, you can always find something new to explore, learn, see or do! St. Michaels and the Bay Hundred area, including Tilghman Island, offers it's visitors a unique experience like no other. We'll provide the tools, information and sneek peaks at local businesses to get your planning started.
We're looking forward to your visit!
Whether you're arriving by car, boat, train, bus or plane, it's easy to get to St. Michaels and the Bay Hundred Area in Talbot County on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Located on a peninsula surrounded by tributaries and rivers, traveling to St. Michaels offers it's visitors a beautiful scenic trip along the Chesapeake Country Scenic Byway, be it for a day, a weekend, a wedding, a romantic get-away or a family vacation.
If visiting by car from the Western Shore, you're just 45 miles from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, or if coming from one of the two major cities on the East Coast, Baltimore or Washington D.C., you're an hour and a half away from a step back in time. Stroll along our picturesque streets, learn about the Chesapeake Bay's maritime history, enjoy a stellar meal at one of our many restaurants and shop at our unique galleries and boutiques.
St. Michaels is conveniently located just 70 miles from Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Amtrak Station.
Planning your trip is easy, with driving directions, maps and videos, we can make getting here a whole lot easier!
- St. Michaels is conveniently located just off the Ocean Gateway, Route 50 and is 45 miles from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
- BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport offers domestic and international flights, rental cars available.
- AMTRAK trains stop at the BWI station for convenient connections to St. Michaels via a reserved 24-hour advance shuttle service, such as Bay Runner Shuttle Service.
- Easton Airport offers private charters, and Bay Runner Shuttle – Service to/from BWI Marshall Airport and Amtrak/MARC Station at BWI
- Greyhound, provides daily bus service to Easton, approximately 15 minutes from St. Michaels.
Before You Visit:
Whether you're an experienced kayaker, a day-tripping boater, a sailing novice, a history buff, an avid fisherman, or anyone else who yearns to spend some time on the water, you will find something to do in St. Michaels and Tilghman Island. It's time to get out on the water and enjoy the outdoors! Find your boating options here.