Ciao! We are virtually visiting next the region of Lazio for a wonderful evening as we explore the variety of wines and foods from the Rome area of Italy. Join us as we welcome Guest Speaker Giovanni Silvestri, Export Manager for Casale del Giglio vineyards, located about 50 km south of Rome. His discussion about the wine, food and culture of the area will no doubt transport you right back to The Eternal City and the local wines, and if you have not been to Rome, the indigenous grapes and wine may not be familiar to you, and so we will introduce you to new wines and tastes! Accompanying Emanuele is our Wine Sales Representative Jackie Cipriano, who transitioned into the wine industry after a career as an accomplished chef, and her husband is a Sommelier. Food and wine pairings are a specialty, and she will be talking abvout the pairings we have chosen together along with Giovanni. Join us for another fun evening of wonderful wines, food and conversation.
We have planned a menu of a variety of the typical foods of the Rome area to pair with the 2 white wines and 2 red wines from the Casale del Giglio vineyards. For this event, there will be courses prepared by our chef partner Alfredo Osteria, and you will prepare the pasta coursel with a simple classic recipe.
Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Giovanni Silvestri, Export Manager for Casale del Giglio, our featured vineyard for this dinner.
* Where:In your home with Zoom, You will prepare or warm and/or plate the 5 courses, including cooking the pasta. We have partnered with Chef Alfredo of Osteria Alfredo to provide the foods as indicated below in the menu.
* When: 7:00 PM to 9 PM
* Cost $165 including taxes, for 2 people, 4 bottles of the wines & 4 courses made for 2 servings each (and you will have leftovers of pasta and wine for sure) plus dessert and limoncello to wrap up the dinner, and Cost of $125 including taxes for 1 person, 4 bottles of the wines & 4 courses for 1 serving each (and you will have leftovers of the pasta and wine also) plus dessert and limoncello.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Lazio region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the food courses, recipes, ingredients, and warming instructions, 4 bottles of wine and limoncello for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday September 26th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on the evening of September 25th in an email.
Here is the menu for our Saturday in Lazio Wine and Food celebration:
- Note: Substitutions can be requested, including for Gluten Free, Allergies or Non-Meat – Just Ask 😊
Rice Ball alla Romana
Casale del Giglio Bellone (2019)
Artichoke alla Romana
Casale del Giglio Satrico (2019)
Classic pasta course from Amatrice!
Casale del Giglio Petite Verdot (2018)
Casale del Giglio Cesanese (2018)
Wrap Up Dolce*
Tiramisu, classic Italian dessert, on almost every menu in Rome with Limoncello
* Prepared by Chef Alfredo, you will plate & warm up these courses during the dinner
**You will prepare this course, recipe and preparation provided.
$165 all inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the pasta and wine😊), $125 for one person.